• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civillian Life for a Retired 5 ton Steel Soldier

x-ray

While I am typing this note, I noticed the town is working out one of its Military trucks about 100 yds away from me directly accross the street.

Looks like a 5 ton to me, but I'm not so familiar with the 5 tons. They have about 6 ex military trucks (2.5 ton and 5 ton) usually use them for brush clearing and rough road work, Today its just helping clear the ditches a little deeper.

Guys that work for the town already came over and shot the breeze about my M109 sitting in the driveway. These trucks attract guys like flies on stink - so advice to any women seeking men, just get an Army truck.

They told me the town can't kill these trucks, they just keep going.

Nice to see them still in service.

Attachments

x-ray

Its the township of Clarkson, just a little north of Brockport Village. I live in the town of Clarkson, but have a Brockport zip code. about 25 minutes west of Rochester, NY.

I'm hoping they feel the need to upgrade and sell these off someday. :) Even if they are beat, could be a good source of spares.

jimmcld

I wish our town were so frugal. I can remember when I was a kid, they had an old surplus Power Wagon that could do anything. Now all they have is new Peterbuilt trucks. I wonder who pays for them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks