• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civy Wipers

goatijoe

Looks like the next project for me to do to it. O yea by the way good luck finding the 13in blades in the high $$ blades they don't make them I have tried to find them for my jeep.

lowflybye

Resurrecting an older thread...I installed this same mod with a slight modification to the mod. :lol: This should prevent slinging a the blades and looks a bit more stock as it takes out the plastic disk. Thanks to 73X for starting this thread and coming up with the original idea.

The current part numbers for the items used are as follows:

Wiper arm: Trico 51-062 (supersedes the Anco 41-01)
Wiper Blade: Trico 31-130 (or other brand of your preference that fits a ’98 Chevy Tahoe rear window)

- You will need to do a slight modification to the end of the wiper arm consisting of removing the “stinger” but save the pieces as you will remove the plastic disks and use the small metal arm and screw to mount the wiper blade attachment.

- The small metal arm is a bit too long so you will need to cut off the excess…basically cutting it in half works out about right.

- You will slide the end of the wiper arm into the blade mount, but it will not lock securely so you will use the small metal arm that you removed from the disks and sandwich the blade mount between them securing it with the screw…add a drop of Loc-tite to prevent the screw from backing out and slinging a blade.

Attachments

Last edited:

18operator

m35a2 wiper arm help.

Hi all,
I'm looking to get new wiper arms for my 1971 m35a2. I am using the stock air actuated wiper motors and was wondering if there was a wiper arm upgrade so I can run different blades instead of the dinky stock blades.
I checked past posts and one came up saying anco 41-01 wiper arms would fit. But how do they attach to the wiper motor seeing as the stock arms have a nut holding it to the motor. and the anco's look to be press on.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks...
18operator

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The kit comes with a knurled end that attaches to the air wiper motor shaft.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been so long since I did mine, I don't recall what you won't need when done.

My truck had wipers and when I bought the Anco kits I had all I needed to complete the task.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I just did a search for "anco 41-01" and the first picture in the first result looks to be pretty clear that all the "hardware" you need will come with the kit.

I merged your thread to this thread.

Read the first post for all you should need to know.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just merged your new thread onto the existing thread.

This is where you should have posted a question, after searching.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all,
I'm looking to get new wiper arms for my 1971 m35a2. I am using the stock air actuated wiper motors and was wondering if there was a wiper arm upgrade so I can run different blades instead of the dinky stock blades.
I checked past posts and one came up saying anco 41-01 wiper arms would fit. But how do they attach to the wiper motor seeing as the stock arms have a nut holding it to the motor. and the anco's look to be press on.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks...
18operator
Ok, so I don't need the little nuts that hold the wiper arm to the wiper motor shaft?
It's been a year or so since I did the last one with this "kit" but I remember the arm coming with a new nut that you'll use.

I love this upgrade but it has one downside: Sometimes when you turn on the air, the motor sticks, then you keep putting more air to it and then the motor unsticks and starts swinging so hard that it will sling the blade off the arm because the plastic clip is insufficient to hold on to it. I think I am going to run a tiny machine screw through it so this won't happen. Otherwise it's an awesome upgrade.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have wrapped black electrical tape around my wiper clips(attachement points) to solve that issue.

shenkmen

It's been a year or so since I did the last one with this "kit" but I remember the arm coming with a new nut that you'll use.

I love this upgrade but it has one downside: Sometimes when you turn on the air, the motor sticks, then you keep putting more air to it and then the motor unsticks and starts swinging so hard that it will sling the blade off the arm because the plastic clip is insufficient to hold on to it. I think I am going to run a tiny machine screw through it so this won't happen. Otherwise it's an awesome upgrade.
Make sure you have the black clips on correctly. I had one on backward and didn't realize it until I had lost two wipers.

Don't forget to lube your wiper motors. I put a couple drops of air tool oil in mine every now and then. It might help your slow start up.

jsrule62

Having a senior moment. I installed the Anco wipers and have been real happy. Now I want to install my new windshields, and can't remember how to get the arm off the knurled brass nut. Thanks for saving me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks