• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CJ10a Flightline Tug --> 4wd Pickup Truck

CJ-10 a

Ive Got An Original 85 CJ-10 Pickup That Runs 7.50-15 Tires With 4.10 Gears That Will Run 55- 60 MPH But Is Sluggish On Hills Or Long Grades. My 86 CJ-10 a Runs 35- 12.50 Tires With 5.13 Gears Runs 60 MPh Lugs Back On Hills I Have Broken Dozens Of Axles In The 44 And Seven After marker Harden Axles. I Have 5 Of The CJ-10 a. If You Are Building For Off Road Dana 44 Are To Weak. Thanks 434-525-7588 Or 434-525-6341

DrJekl

Here is a link to my site with my CJ-10a project. I owe it some updates but things are rolling along. It is rolling but have some things to overcome.

My Dana 30 twin sticks need some modification so they do not hit the floor pan.

The oil pan was raised as an issue as I am using a passenger drop front axle. The oil pan on the CJ-10a is notched for a driver drop differential. Doing an oil pan swap with a Scout pan.

The 14 bolt is in, springs in, rear bumper removed and another front bumper will be used on the rear, fuel tank skid plate in place, fuel tank in place (from a CJ7, skid plate is a YJ, YJ tank is too wide), shock mounts on, bed is getting there, picked up the tags for it today. Weather is sh!tty and work has slowed.

I really need a good wiring diagram for the SD-33 set up.

Jeep CJ-10 Diesel Projec

DrJekl

I have it someplace. PM me your email address and I will send it. It will cost you less to find a Jeep 208 than it will to buy the parts to make yours a 208. When I did my first one I picked up a Jeep 208 for $100.

gavan

Start looking around. They show up in odd places. A guy in Pirate4x4 says he found some in a local junk yard, he might sell one. Post 63 here.

THE Official CJ-10a thread!! - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

Some times TAWL_BOY on Pirate4x4 has one for sale, you might want to pm him or e-mail him.

They still show up from time to time on auction sites and Ebay.

I found mine on a local 4x4 forum, someone else's project they no longer had time for.

Keep looking. There were never that many of them to begin with, so they are sometimes hard to find.

RDKENWORTH

Thanx ive ben lookin seen tallboy on there, posted a couple times. I was just tryin all the places i could find. I had 1 some yrs back but had to sell it and have always regreted it. So thanx again for the reply and ill keep lookin.

DrJekl

This is an old thread that needs some air. My tug is coming along. We should have it painted by the end of the month. Tilt column added, swapped the steering wheel for a Pontiac custom sport wheel, Slapped the 2500 series wheels on it, Dana 70 removed and a 4.10 14 bolt with Gov Loc installed, Dana 44 front with limited slip going in next week, used a CJ7 fuel tank and YJ skid plate, CJ10 front bumper on the rear, still has the SD33 and TF-727. NP198 swapped for Dana 300 with twin sticks.

The bed is an old step side bed but down to 44". Using Jeep style trailer fedners. The ends will be done so it sort of simulates a step bed.

Attachments

gavan

Mine is just about done. I was driving it for a couple days, then had some turbo problems and some injection pump problems, but it drives and rides very, very nicely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks