• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CJ10A Tug

Grantshire

How are you coming with your CJ10A project?

While this is my first post I have been lurking in the background here aver since I bought Spicer's M715 with the 6.2 diesel a couple of years ago. I am on the Zone, IFSJA, Scrambler and Commando sites as well. I have been following your posts on your CJ10A project but have not seen an update lately, how is the project progressing? I have a rust free 86 tug in mint condition and am in the planning stages of the project. Mine even has the on-board air system that hold 130 psi air pressure. The Nissan diesel runs like a top and only has 3,600 hours on it (24,000 miles) and I have another running SD33 from another tug as a backup/parts engine. As you know this diesel is not a powerhouse but it has an excellent reputation world-wide and will run forever. I have been exploring transmission options for the engine as this will be both a DD an occasional off-road vehicle, therefore, and overdrive transmission is a must (an automatic is preferred). Like many others I plan to make a pickup out of mine using an extended frame and short bed. I have FSJ Dana 44's for it and will go SOA so I can fit 35" tires.

Richard

Last edited: