• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare Michigan show, August 15-17

TedG

What great time! Good to see everyone & to make sure you all got reflectors!!!!
Near St.Johns, on a straight piece of 127, I got the M185A3 up to 57mph & the I felt the throttle return spring snap! So check your throttle springs during your next preflight!
Off to another foreign land so over & out!

ps. Thanks Clint, Dave, Rod & everyone else who help set this great event up!

Regards,

Armada

Lane had his wrecker at the show. My bet is Dave put it to good use.... :)
Were you at the Clare show Rattlehead? Sorry I missed you if you were.

Rattlehead

No, I didn't go this year. It has been a tradition of some long time friends coming into town from IL to visit and go to the Woodward cruise. I blew it off last year for Clare. But now they are holding the event the same weekend every year, I had to pick one. We took the tractor and the M119 through the cruise. Tied the rear doors open and 2 guys sat on a couch in back. :)

67Beast

I had a great time again this year. I had an oil leak start on the way home that coated the under side of the truck. :roll: It wasn't bad and I didn't loose much oil, just enough of a drip to let the wind spray it everywhere. Anyway, here are the pics I took.

Attachments

knattrass

Thanks for posting the pics - most are dups of what I had taken. Too bad my son did not make it but it was nice to meet the group. I had some interest in my parts but I was too distracted to really sit there as a vendor. No, I did not buy any reflectors! I look forward to the next meet. A few guys were interested in my tires thou.

citizensoldier

I tried to get over and talk with you and everytime someone stopped me and told me there life story or I was stuck running the wrecker. That is a nice deuce dumper for sure.. Would love to see it at the trail ride in Sept... Hint, Hint..

citizensoldier

zak said:
Graying or Silver Lake?
But both of course.. Sorry Zak.. I got you mixed up with the other guy.. Everytime I stopped at the dump there was only a lady sunning herself.. The grayling trailride would be fun in that dump.. I might make Silver Lake this year but time and fuel money are tight.. :shock:

This was the first Clare show I've missed in a long time. My dad passed away on 8/10 and I just couldn't get in gear to get ready. Looks like it was a lot of fun. I do plan on being at the Bruce VFW post in St Clair Shores this coming weekend.

zak

citizensoldier said:
zak said:
Graying or Silver Lake?
But both of course.. Sorry Zak.. I got you mixed up with the other guy.. Everytime I stopped at the dump there was only a lady sunning herself.. The grayling trailride would be fun in that dump.. I might make Silver Lake this year but time and fuel money are tight.. :shock:
The lady was my mechanic :roll: I tried to bring my m37 also, but the trailer didn't work out. Grayling is about 90 miles from Greenbush, where I keep the dump. I might be able to get there for a few hours on saturday.

citizensoldier

Here are a few my wife took..

Attachments