• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Class 530 B/C pumper trucks

Dieselsmoke

Anyone have any info on the Class 530 deuce fire pumpers? Looking for TMs mainly or good sources of photos .

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I've done articles on these for Military Vehicles Magazine, Classic Military Vehicles, and Fire Apparatus Journal. Back issues with these should be available. They are heavily illustrated.

Another recent thread on this forum includes a lot of info and photos, it should be easily found.

I'm on the road at the moment, so I can't post much of anything, but as I've completely restored one (also seen in yet another thread here), I may be able to answer questions.

Regards,
David

neil2007

Dieselsmoke said:
Anyone have any info on the Class 530 deuce fire pumpers? Looking for TMs mainly or good sources of photos .
Dieselsmoke,

I've created an archive of photos that I've taken of my 530B while trying to document as much as I can on it for the restore I'm just now starting on.

Check out my site http://www.letsgettwisted.com/530B/ for the latest pictures. I usually take all kinds of pictures with the intent that any bad or useless ones I can delete. Gotta love digital cameras! :p

I've got alot of info there that doesn't specifically reflect the 530B like I have, but covers a wide variety of the 530b and C's. I've tried to keep everything I find there for future reference.

As far as photos go, if there is anything on the 530B that you would like to have me snap a shot of, just let me know and I'll be glad to go out and get a few shots for you.

I hope you have better luck finding photos than I am having. I've found some good photos , but theres not alot of them out there. I must add, that most of the photos I've found have been with the help of fellow Steel Soldiers! You know who you are!

Anyway, I'll be happy to help provide any photos if you see something on mine that may interest you.

Neil
(P.S. If you happen to run across any photo(s) of a '53 Reo 530B (or ANY firetruck) at Chanute AFB, IL please let me know!)

Attachments

Dieselsmoke

You guys are the greatest :D
David, I did dig out issue 95 MVM, great article there and some different photos than the write up in Standard Catalog of MVs. Also found Classic Military Vehicles the other night and plan to subscribe to that as well. Have never seen FAJ, quite interesting!
Jason, for some reason I can't get that TM to come up.
Neil, great info!! If I find any more pics I will most certainly share.
Here's the scoop...freind of mine found this truck at a construction yard...going out of business. He thought I'd be interested so I went and took a look at it, through the fence so couldn't get a real good look at it. I have talked with the owner, and was told if I want it, get it out of there in the next month or it's going to the torch. So looks like I'll have another project :?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without a doubt, if it's cheap SAVE IT. Lord knows too many of these beasts are going to the scrappers, it would be a shame to have a rare 530 class fire truck get junked....

neil2007

Dieselsmoke said:
You guys are the greatest :D
David, I did dig out issue 95 MVM, great article there and some different photos than the write up in Standard Catalog of MVs. Also found Classic Military Vehicles the other night and plan to subscribe to that as well. Have never seen FAJ, quite interesting!
Jason, for some reason I can't get that TM to come up.
Look in my archives... I recently saved a copy of it there. I think I've uploaded the most recent files to my server... I'll check and do so if I haven't already.
Dieselsmoke said:
Neil, great info!! If I find any more pics I will most certainly share.
Would appreciate it very much! I'm trying to find pictures of either my truck or a companion fleet truck to it that may show the unit numbers or anything else that may be specific to the Chanute trucks. I know these trucks have little things that appear to be different than most of the other 530 b's.
Dieselsmoke said:
Here's the scoop...freind of mine found this truck at a construction yard...going out of business. He thought I'd be interested so I went and took a look at it, through the fence so couldn't get a real good look at it. I have talked with the owner, and was told if I want it, get it out of there in the next month or it's going to the torch. So looks like I'll have another project :?
Glad to hear that theres a good possibility that your gonna be able to save it!

Good Luck!

Neil

gmayor

I currently have a 530 something, Jason I think you saw it when you were here. I also have some pictures of some that were for sale on GSA over the last couple of years. I have never figured out posting pictures yet or I would share.

neil2007

jasonjc said:
neil2007
Do you a copy of the TM for the 530C by chance???
Sorry. I've been looking for a copy of it all day, but to no avail! I'm still going to keep my eyes open for it. You don't happen to know the TM # by chance do you? All I've been able to find is a TM for a 530B with the Ward LaFrance body on it... I need the one with the Fire Master body. Can't find it anywhere!:evil:

Neil

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The 530C manuals are the TM5-4210-217 series
The 530B Ward LaFrance on M45A2 chassis (dual rear wheels and Multifuel is TM5-4210-213 series.
The 530B Fire Trucks Incorporated (Multifuel LD-465 and M44A2 chassis) with rear tool box manuals are TM5-4210-212 series
The 530B Ward LaFrance (Multifuel LDS-427) manual and rear tool box are the TM5-4210-205 series
The 530B gasserwith Hesse Carriage body is TM5-4210-203 series.
The 530B gasser with Firemaster body is TM5-4210-200 series.
The 530A gasser is TM5-3509

Dennise Spence (Portrayal Press) I believe sells all of these.

Regards,
David Doyle

Cooltex24

Hey Gmayor, Are you looking to get rid of the 530 at all? I am looking at one, but it needs some work. Let me know. Thanks.
Scott

FrankUSMC

I hate to post this as it is the story of my life at this time, but....
I have all the manuals for the M530C, that was the Crash Truck I drove as a young Marine. When they were phased out, our Truck Master gave me all the manuals he had. I also got an extra copies with my M530C. Thats the good news...
Now the bad, I am still unpacking from my move into a new house. Our old house sold in 30 days, I had to empty my barn, two storage buildings and our garage in a heartbeat.....so some where in one of my storage boxes, is some boxes full of M530c manuals.
When I find them, I will share them, I am sure a couple of you can talk me out of some copies.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET......and a M530C driver

ptg530C

I have a 1970 530C with all of the operation manuals. My truck came with the m45 op manual in a hard cover binder and the operator and equipment manuals for the firetruck. It also had 6700 miles on the odometer w/250 hrs on the ticker. It was rebuilt at touele in 1985. The pump has 63 hrs on it, I presume from new and works great. My truck came with hose on the motorized hose reels, 5" suction, and 3" suction (2) along with the spray applicators. It was from the Michigan National Guard Camp Grayling Installation Sevices Unit and was retired in 2001. It was carc 383 with minimal markings and when I re-painted it, I duplicated all of the markings exactly. If you want some photos, let me know what you require.

dmetalmiki

MY first show after much work

Perhaps you would like to look in the VIDEO GALLERY and run the video
"MY M45 at first try ouy"

CAR Wasnt on fire long! and I was well pleased with its performance on its first showing

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: MY first show after much work

Did that come out of a sale where there were 2 530 firetrucks? If so I may have bid on it, I have pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks