• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Class IV Hitch...Done.

steelandcanvas

Nicely drawn schematic, good job all around! Can you draw another schematic showing Bjorn's suggestion? I know of a few people that have done this modification, seems like agood idea!

bottleworks

steelandcanvas said:
Can you draw another schematic showing Bjorn's suggestion?
He has made many great suggestions, so your going to have to be more specific... :)

If you mean taking the load off the flasher unit, that's no big deal. The flasher just has to control the relay. I used two relay in parallel. Be sure to diode suppress the coil. Bosch 24V relays can come with the diode internal.

tjcouch

Just speaking outloud here . . . and making a suggestion to someone with wiring skills and more time than I have . . . . . but if someone made a converter box that would plug into the MV military round plug on the back of my truck (12 pins ?) that would output to the standard round 7 trailer plug and 4 flat plug, I would gladly pay $50 for such a magic box . . . .

muddog7375

tjcouch said:
Just speaking outloud here . . . and making a suggestion to someone with wiring skills and more time than I have . . . . . but if someone made a converter box that would plug into the MV military round plug on the back of my truck (12 pins ?) that would output to the standard round 7 trailer plug and 4 flat plug, I would gladly pay $50 for such a magic box . . . .
Heck we could probably make these at my shop...Only bad thing is I dont have MV yet...Now if someone would want to loan me one for a bit I my be able to do this...

randini

I also wish someone would fabricate this. I would be worth more than that for me.. Any takers?

Randy

motomacguyver

Make that times 3. I think someone could sell a BUNCH of these.

bottleworks

but if someone made a converter box that would plug into the MV military round plug on the back of my truck (12 pins ?) that would output to the standard round 7 trailer plug and 4 flat plug, I would gladly pay $50 for such a magic box . . . .
Yea, that could be done.
If someone seriously wants one, email me. I haven't been on this site much for the past couple years. Pretty much sense I started this thread.

darylhackett

Bottleworks I hope you guys are doing well in NC after the weather passed. I am very much looking for a conversion 12->4/7 or 12 -> 7 way for my camper and it trailer brakes system. Any build ideas would be greatly appericated. cucv m1009 86'

H

Hank.

Looking for a converter box for my trailer as well! Couldn't find your email address, bottleworks.

HanksDeuce

Sorry, I changed usernames (used to be Hank.).

No one posted here about the converter box so I chose a different path. I am in the processing of bobbing my M35A2 so I will be using the wiring harness off my M105A2 trailer for a set of detachable lights with magnet bases. This will allow me to haul civilian trailers and not worry about converting the harness. You can pick up a M105 trailer for $150 + fees. That gets me the bobber bed, secondary air system for my split brake system, wiring harness for detachable light project and a few dollars in my pocket for scrap.

hilber

Sorry, I changed usernames (used to be Hank.).

No one posted here about the converter box so I chose a different path. I am in the processing of bobbing my M35A2 so I will be using the wiring harness off my M105A2 trailer for a set of detachable lights with magnet bases. This will allow me to haul civilian trailers and not worry about converting the harness. You can pick up a M105 trailer for $150 + fees. That gets me the bobber bed, secondary air system for my split brake system, wiring harness for detachable light project and a few dollars in my pocket for scrap.
Good idea. Thats what I had been thinking about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks