• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classic gasser at Redstone

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Did anybody on the site win this truck today????

1957 AM General M46 2 1/2 ton 6x6 without winch Truck Chassis with Southwest truck body basic van body. SN M-39229 powered by 6 cyl diesel engine with 5 speed manual transmission with high and low range. The odometer reads 03678.9 miles.

I hope it is not going to the scrapper.

Attachments

Bighurt

Love how the description is wrong...

I thought you previewed it or was that the appointment you couldn't make.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, I ment to watch that truck and some of the M101s at Redstone and got busy and forgot all about it.aua

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in Feb 2008 MVM magazine. It is a map reproduction truck. It is extremely rare. David Doyle makes mention of one other known survivor. It closed for $1350. I was soooo tempted to bid on it but I will still be deployed long after my EUC would have cleared.aua

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wm...had that truck on my watch list and was willing to pay more than it sold for.
Got ambushed and was no where near a puter at 17:00hrs when it closed so I could not bid.:oops::oops:

I just pray that it's not on it's way to a slow boat to China:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Wow! was what i said when i saw that truck, and i had never seen any thing like it before and since it had all of the data plates i figured it was a stock truck i was going to ask what it was but you beat me to it. :ditto: on the slow boat to china

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like all of us were sleeping (including me).

I guess there should be some sort punishment. :deadhorse:

gunboy1656

Look in Feb 2008 MVM magazine. It is a map reproduction truck. It is extremely rare. David Doyle makes mention of one other known survivor. It closed for $1350. I was soooo tempted to bid on it but I will still be deployed long after my EUC would have cleared.aua
There is a member ( 19kilo ) who had one, that was turned into a camper. His profile says he traded it. But if you search his name there is a pic on the list page.

ranchhopper

Put in a request with GL to have the owner contact you they will do that for people I think there was a thread about it last week or so. I have had them send me requests to contact a person about wanting something out of a lot I won some time back. Problem is if the winner knows someone wants it it goes from a rust bucket to gold brick status.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an interesting truck. Sure hope it went, or will soon be going, to a good home. With as few of them that are out there, it would be nice to see this rarity restored to its former glory.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was at school when the auction closed....I had puter access and my laptop with me....me and Derrick (TaylorTradingCo) had just had a conversation about the truck......by the time I got on line the auction had closed.

I had made an appointment to view it but had to go recover a vehilce at another location.

With scrap at 11 bucks a hundred around here I fear for it's safety.

Even with buyers premium and tax it went cheap if the engine runs.

I hope it went to a collector or someone that will give it a good home.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's one on eGay right now, looks like same model, but I could be wrong. Can't post the link, against the SS rules, but if anyone wants to get a rarity, it might be worth you checking into it....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just found it. It is missing alot more than the Redstone truck. That makes 3 of them. I really wonder who got the Redstone truck. I am betting it gets scrapped. I should have bid on that truck, even being overseas. I'll send $20 to anyone who can tell me who won that truck in Redstone when I get back to the US on April 4th.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks