• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classifieds-How to post new ad?

saddamsnightmare

November 17th, 2011.

Dear Chris, Mangus & Co.:

I put in my subscription to the premium membership about two or three days ago, so what's it take to place a classified for my M35A2 and M105A2 that are looking for a new home down in Texas? I can figure no way to put in the ad, as the classified's no longer permit it, and the New Ads above won't let you do it either. Any thoughts or assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

blybrook

I just gave it a try as I recently got the premium membership myself.

Here's what I did and it was going to let me post something; your results may vary...

Clicked on classifieds, then on vehicles for sale, then "new thread" in upper left.

HTH; now to go post a wanted ad...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your account shows that you're a paid member. You are clicking on the Classified ads right? Then drilling down into the forum you need (vehicles) and posting your ad there right? The "new ad" button up top is to search for new ads placed in the classifieds. I broke the new posts button into two searches as members weren't wanting to see classified ads in their searches.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any way to move an add that is in the "OLd to the New" secttion? I am not very computer savy and it was a major feat when I did and I have more than one of the item,and when I sell one I have to relist .........real PIA ......popacom / BILL

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're sunsetting the old classifieds. They'll be online till feb. The easiest way to spin off a new ad would be to open two windows. Have one window in the new classifieds system. And one in the old system. View your old ad and copy all the text. Then paste it into the new classified window. It would then only be a matter of uploading your pics.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me put this in perspective........I am 54 years old and bought my first and only
computer when I joined the SS forum . I have had no classes or typing in the past
and have been flying by the seat of my pants for the past year or so........so what you may see as child's play is greek to me......but I will get my granddaughter to show me LOL!
popacom /BILL in Ky. :driver:

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
perspective

Let me put this in perspective........I am 54 years old and bought my first and only
computer when I joined the SS forum . I have had no classes or typing in the past
and have been flying by the seat of my pants for the past year or so........so what you may see as child's play is greek to me......but I will get my granddaughter to show me LOL!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When you post a add, state that you have x number of the item, that way you do not have to relist till the total is sold or 90 days, which ever comes first, at least i think that will work

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome! :beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
so what you may see as child's play is greek to me......but I will get my granddaughter to show me LOL!

So the tech support guy says to me "It's so simple a 10 year old can do it".

So I said to him "then why didn't you have a 10 year old do it before you put it in the fricking box".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks