• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classifieds question

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vendor Participation: Vendors of military vehicles, parts and other paraphernalia are welcome to participate in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums, but direct solicitation is not allowed. Vendors should be aware of and must follow the following policies:
• There shall be no fighting between vendors in the forums. Vendors should not make derogatory remarks about a competitor’s product. Keep it civil!
• Vendors are not allowed to post pricing information in forum posts. That is considered solicitation.
• The SteelSoldiers.Com classified ads are not designed for commercial use. Vendors who wish to advertise on the website should contact a moderator or admin for pricing information. Commercial ads will not be posted in the classified section.
• Vendor members must post their business name in their signature block and include their phone number in their profile.
• Vendor press releases will be published only after submission to and subsequent approval by the webmaster.
• Vendor Group Buys must be coordinated through and approved by the webmaster.
• Vendors that post in the SteelSoldiers.Com do not represent the website or any of its interests. SteelSoldiers.Com does not warranty any of the products that may be sold or serviced by a participating vendor.

area52

yea, I saw a bunch of his ads in the classifieds, just wondered if anyone did a patrol in there or not and what the line was for posting a whole bunch.

Hey, my name is Jaron from Oshkosh Equipment Sales LLC.

**Here in Oshkosh we have EAA AirVenture going on from yesterday, July 26th to August 1st. It attracts 800,000+ people with 2,500+ airplanes.. Man is the traffic BAD! They closed off a few highway on / off ramps to try and diffuse the traffic but it makes the route to work a hassle!

I read and feel I've followed all of the rules in dogheads post.

A "Contributing Member" can't post in the classifieds until after 5 posts.
-Maybe they should raise it to 10? 100? 1,000?

I agree with implementing a max ad limit for all members.
-10?
I think the classified section is very basic and should have a better breakdown. Everything is lumped together and very unorganized.
-What can I do personally to assist with creating a better classified system?

I'm here to help grow Steel Soldiers and grow the MV community in general. If something could be done better or differently let me know personally!! [thumbzup]

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we do need to improve the Classifieds. Maybe we can set a limit(for free ads) and offer a section for pay/commercial ads. Right now, getting any changes done to the site, is pretty difficult(due to time and technical issues).

Hopefully, we can improve the Classifieds, soon.

I'm here to help grow Steel Soldiers and grow the MV community in general. If something could be done better or differently let me know personally!!
Jaron, I appreciate you being here, I am sure you have alot to offer to our members.

I appreciate everyones contributions to the site. Together, we can make this the best place for MV owners.

The classified section are a relatively new addition to the site. We''ll try to improve them, and provide a means for everyone to use them, in a way that will benefit everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks