• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classifieds Suggestion

liekos62

On the most bid websites we can select a state for a search or a zip code with a radius. Can we have the classified forum setup to where we can do that? It would make looking at whats available in our area a lot faster.

Thanks!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
On the most bid websites we can select a state for a search or a zip code with a radius. Can we have the classified forum setup to where we can do that? It would make looking at whats available in our area a lot faster.

Thanks!
Unfortunately it's a lot like hearding cats here when it comes to getting people to comply with simple requests. Much like your own profile lacks a city. (NC is a large state) Getting people to enter a zip, and be the correct ZIP would be almost impossible. Best offering I could make was the mandatory drop down state listing in the title/header. Even then, we've had issues with people not putting the correct location.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the Internet no one knows you're a dog or where you live.

:-(

Location is probably one of the top issues we ding people for.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Searching locations can be helpful though distance depends upon shipment of part - some stuff can be posted therefore the world is your oyster, conversely a large vehicle part may need to be picked up "locally" depending on the effort the seller wants to go to..... then there is the S/S underground via various gatherings/events/travel plans, which could work but only if all the planets align and the gods are smiling. So finding your green widget, 163 miles away may be great... 'till you find out the seller only takes callers on Tuesday between 1 and 2pm and will not ship!

I think the sites techies, that the rest of us should be much more appreciative of, have their hands full as it is. I am not blasting your idea - just trying to rationalize the finite specifics vs the amount of certain stuff. SS' classifieds certainly cannot be compared to the volume on Craigs list!

liekos62

Point taken on not having my zip or city on my profile. Having a drop down for state would be very nice.

Thanks!

Alexsha

I think being able to filter the classified by state is a great idea. I would go a step further and allow the selection of multiple states. Since I live in UT, I would like to be able to see classifieds in UT, AZ, CO, ID, NV, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks