• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning a Fabric Top - Recommendations?

Hey All,

I have a couple of the desert tan flexible "prairie schooner" soft tops that fit over the sidewalls & top bows for my M101A2 trailers.

These look like they sat in water outdoors for a while and have both some rust marks and some mold marks, but the material is still seems good.

What would be the recommended method of trying to clean up these tops?

Also the tan nylon rope has rotted, so any suggestions on replacement? I noticed they had the ropes sliced on an eye for the interface of the tops. Guess I could do that or curious if any other recommendations like nylon strap or ???

Thank You to Each & All for your insights and experience.

BIGGERHAMMERTX

These don't feel at all like Canvas.

They feel like a Polyvinyl (a bit stiff).

I'll see if I can find a low pressure pressure washer along with some suds on the end of a long stick for some rub & scrub...

Any suggestions about replacing the rotted / busted tie down ropes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks