• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning Engine Compartment - Whats a safe way to do it?

x-ray

I've done a search, but didn't come up with much - just wanted to know what is a good (and safe to the deuce) way to efficiently remove the grime in the engine compartment. Can you steam clean or pressure wash with some simple green or use other degreaser or is it just best to leave it alone??

Thanks up front for any thoughts & info you can offer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use gunk and a pressure washer semi regularly. I try not to blast the plastics and keep a good distance from the injection pump. Your mileage may vary!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ditto to Kenny's response. I typically spray a degreaser on it, let it sit and have at it. I am careful not to shoot around the engine plate on the passenger side of the block for fear of cleaning off the screen printing.

I was always told that if you were going to spray cold water on a hot engine to let it run so it wouldn't crack. Don't know if it's true or not (sounds reasonable) but it's never failed me.

bgekky3

I use Purple Power and a garden hose. Purple Power is good at getting oil off driveways too. I found it at Lowes and Autozone, but every store carries it.

AaronW

Castrol Super Clean(Purple spray bottle) and garden hose!

I guess it's just called SuperClean now. Not by Castrol anymore. Pulled cause it worked too good?

Last edited: