• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning injectors

devilman96

Napa stores also have a kit you can buy (PN 4077 in the filter book)... Its a sample bottle and paperwork to be filled out and mailed into the lab and your paying for the test by purchasing the kit so there is no additional billing involved... Might be a little easier for some of us to find than a Cat dealer...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, The second pic is kind of normal. The first pic...I wouldn't use the injector, it will most likeky blow the tip off due to the errosion.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
I have to agree with Will - the first injector is junk. The surfaces around the tiny holes are very precisely made - any deformation alters the spray pattern - and significant pitting is evident in that area. The pitting could be caused by moisture, either during storage or operation.

The second nozzle looks fairly normal - running the truck with cetane booster/cleaner such as Power Service may help. Coking can be a particular problem with straight vegetable oil - which means that use of such a product would likely be even more beneficial.

Hope this helps,
David

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been using "power serivce" PS brand Diesel Kleen +cetane boost. Hope things are running OK with that.

24-VOLTS

Hey Guys,

I pulled six injectors out of a extra engine that I have and want to get them cleaned and tested. I don't have the manual (that I know of) that will have the necesary specs for the the injector shop. Could I get the TM number or could some one email or fax me a copy ?
I would like to get them cleaned and installed into my engine.

Thanks in advance !

Phill

houdel

The information you need is in the Continental LDS-465-1 Trouble Shooting Manual which I believe is in the TM section. The injector nozzle testing is listed as page 25 in the table of contents, it acually starts on page 35 when you view as a PDF file.

derby

If cold starts on wvo may be the cause, what about a primer tank? when i was younger my grandfather had an old JD tractor that would run on almost anything that would burn.the way it worked, to my recolection ,was you would start it on gas close the radiator louvers and as the engine reached a certian temp you would close the gas tank and open the drip oil tank.you would have to watch the temp and adjust the louvers.(keep in mind this is a hand start 465 ci two cyl !) I know it would mean another filter,fuel pump, tank ( the tank on the tractor was 1or 2 gal.)and some fancy plumbing, but if it worked it shure would save some headaches. because we all know sitti'n sucks!

24-VOLTS

Hey Lee,

I apprently don't have that manual in pdf or a hard bound version. I was wondering if I could get a copy emailed or faxed over ?

Thanks

Phill

24-VOLTS

WELL GETTING MY INJECTORS CLEANED. SAID THAT THEY ARE GOING TO POP TESTED AND THEY ARE GOING TO PUT NEW GASKETS ON.
GOING TO COST ME $150 SO WE WILL SEE IF THAT HELPS CLEAN THINGS UP !

PHILL

houdel

$150 is not too bad for six injectors. The prices around here are in the range of $40-$50 per injector, so $150 for six seems pretty reasonable, especially adjusting the POP test and giveing you new gaskets. Maybe you need to give a link to your source, I'd gladly spend $150 to make sure my injectors are performing to spec.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Is there any special tool needed to remove the multifuel injector? Or is there anything to be cautious of when removing the injectors? I would like to remove mine for inspection but don't want to cause damage to them. I would also like to clean the nozzle if possiblebut again I don't want to cause damage.