• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cleaning the interior...

asgtoolman

The only problem I have ever had with "purple stuff" is using it TOO concentrated--it will remove some paints and can be a pain to rinse completely and not feel sticky if you don't dilute it properly. I usually go about double the recommended strength--don't know why--I guess if one part per gallon is good, two parts is twice as good.
That was a great generic link to interior cleaning; don't have many plastic parts or carpet on my deuce

ralbelt

I am having my dash, door panels and arm rests done in a process called hydrographic [google it]. I'm picking up the dash tomorrow the rest should be ready in another week, everything should look better than new I hope.

zout

I would just leave the seats to hand cleaning - stay away from the dash and just pressure wash the crap outta the interior if someone was rude enough to spill crap in my interior. That would be the last of their rides.

In TX - pressure wash to stay away from the intricate stuff - leave the doors open to air dry and never let the pigs back in the truck again to make a mess out of it. Easy enough to figure out why I have no friends.

lavarok

For the black trim around your gauges, use peanut butter. Yes...really...it works...do I really have to specify... creamy not crunchy....:roll:

Obviously remove the piece before attempting this as you will want HOT water to remove the peanut butter residue. The oil in the PB is what makes the trim come back to life.

If you want to hose it out, pull the drain plugs in front of the rear seat. I used a brush on bed liner in both my M1009s and hose em out whenever they get dirty. Park them on an incline and it will drain.

Make sure the drain holes in your rocker panels are unobstructed.

Line-X is a great product, but more for exterior applications. It gets applied via high pressure. For a truck bed it is hands down the best product I have seen, but overkill for inside the blazer. A brush on bed liner is much more economical and will do the job just fine. Make sure your surfaces are nice and clean, wire brush and treat any rust spots.