• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clearance Light Trivia

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys with the M35A2s and the M109A3s are lucky you don't have clearance lights. Trivia question of the day. How many clearance lights does the M756A2 Pipeline Maintenance truck have? You might be surprised!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, okay, the bed alone has 13, right? and 3 or 5 more on the cab protector, that's a lot, but I think that's the DOT requirement.
The military uses the #1251 bulb, which draws 0.23 amps at 28 volts.
On my cranetruck (deuce plus HIAB), I have 14 clearance lights, some are LED's and only draw 0.030 amps/ea at 28 volts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My bed has 15 and there are 3 on the cab protector for a whopping 18. Luckily you never run all of them at the same time as 6 of them are blackouts. If I have a breaker problem carrying all these I might just split the headlights off on their own breaker or start looking at an inconspicuous LED conversion.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn, I don't think so. I'll try to get a closer look at the pipeline truck in the AM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks