• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Click

choll

Looking for answers before I dig to deep. Yesterday my blazer starter started acting funny. Volts show high in green. Turn key all I get is a click, turn key off then forward to start it starts with half a crank. Batteries are new, voltage when running is 14.5 or a little more at both batteries. Voltage when off about 13v at both batteries. It does not do this alll the time, about 3 times in the last 12 starts. Any ideas??

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you changed to the 12v conversion, which starter did you install?

Lild

Also check the bolts on the starter. One of mine fell out, & I didn't know, thought batteries were going dead, turns out that the starter was hanging up, & I burned it up.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does the same thing every now and then. Big CLICK, then nothing. Try again and it starts right up. I always thought it was a starter shim issue from reading in here. Whatever it is it jams up, then once the starter and solenoid is de-energized it figures itself out.