• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clicking from front wheel

Stagg

While I am not at home, its hard to post pictures. So you'll have to follow a link until I can get it fixed.

http://www.operationeastwind.com/forum/index.php?topic=3459.msg41680#msg41680
Scroll down for a picture.

But I had a wheel bearing come apart on me while driving home one weekend. After the fact, I knew what to listen for and also checked/fixed the other bearings. Poorer but wiser now. Clicking or a deep rumbling noises are a excellent excuse to take that hub off at at least look. At lease peek at the outer bearing a bit.
Those bearings will slide right off when unmolested. I just serviced them all early this month. Once the cook themselves onto the spindle though....

Jeepsinker

I was recently told by an old army mechanic not to mess with any of the hubs unless they started leaking.... Ha! I know better! I don't have an unlimited budget like the army.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks