• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

clogging fuel filter power surge

mikew

I've been thinking about installing a low pressure switch that will light a dash indicator when the fuel pressure gets too low (because of clogged filters).

The Fuel density Compensator has an internal regulator set at 20 psi, so anything below that will cause the FDC to richen the mixture.

With that in mind; I'll put a 20 to 25 psi switch after the final filter, there's a boss there, just drill and tap.

While researching this I couldn't find a decent fuel system diagram. I'm sure there's one in some TM, but I gave up looking!

So... I made my own, see attached:

Attachments

Vfflang

I had alot of black smoke when I ran my truck today at 5th with it at the floor which was a first and It feel like loss of power as well ...pull the airfilter and plowed it out with the air compress didn't seem to dirty ..still ran rough not sure where to go next any idea's ...sorry not trying to hijack your thread ...