• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clothing repair shop, trailer mounted

Brad Nitzke

Ok, I have spent a lot of time looking, and could not find anything on the 'CLOTHING REPAIR SHOP' i just got. and i mean nothing but the manual. http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-10-3530-203-20P.pdf

I cant even find a pic other then in the manual. Its mounted on a M105a2 trailer.
I have already cut some of it up to make it into a camper, pixs to come later when i can find some time when its light out.

Any info on this would be great. like, how many were made, how common are they, and anything else that someone knows 'bout them.

Thanks, Brad

Brad Nitzke

I dont need any refrence pix, becuse I am making mine into a camper. But if you get some pixs with all the stuff in them that would be neat. the one i have there was nothing in it. And also if there are so many then why is there not more info on them? Or more people that have them? Do people just not want them or are they just not known about?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is there not much info on them? They were purpose built for a tactical military support purpose, which doesn't really carry over into the civilian world. Noone needs a mobile trailer to repair clothing in the civilian sector, so when the units got surplussed out, most of them got scrapped or repurposed. Same for the 5-ton laundry trailers. And the 2-trailer bakery plant setup (one to mix dough and one to bake it into bread). And the 2-1/2-ton deuce napalm service truck. All these are some of the hundreds of trailer or truck variants that served their purpose, but when they got sold off, no reason to really keep them around, and most are now Chinese toasters or Japanese cars.

pad_cdr

I went to annual training back in 1983, and there was an S&T company out of Chicago there with one. They never had a chance to use the sewing machines, because they could not get any thread. I stopped at the PC, but them some thread, and they were so happy! Their own officers were so lame, they would not take a single step out of the way to help them out.

After I got them thread, I had to show a half dozen of the EMs how to use the machines, it had been so long since they had been trained on them, they forgot.

jasonjc

Maddag next time youre up there check on them. I think one of those set up would make a great display piece. Is it a box that goes in a M105???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I looked at them, the sewing machines were still in them. They were Singer industrial models, all metal and looked pretty robust.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Laundry and bath operations is a corps level asset. Not many of them around the Army to begin with.
Sustainment Brigades now have this asset, for where it still exists...

I guess I never really thought about it, but when I was at Bragg we had a SLCR company in my motorpool. They had 6x LADS, or Laundry trailers with them. I know they had some type of clothing repair, but never saw any field version. There was no specific truck for them. The of the three rigger companies two operated in one of the repair barns. they had some amazing OLD but solid swinger machines. They had actually just gotten one back from one of the museums as a display piece the last time I visited.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Last time I looked at them, the sewing machines were still in them. They were Singer industrial models, all metal and looked pretty robust.
Mike, if there is a sewing machine that has a "reverse" on it, I might want it. Also looking for one that has two needles next to each other. Please get me info if you see either type of sewing machine up there. Might be interested in a shell too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks