• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clunking in 4lo

max1008

Put a new/used 208 in my truck due to worn out forks in my old tc. New one definatly shifts much smoother.
While pulling a trailer through the woods I was in 4lo to make it up a large revine and then I continued in 4lo until i reached my destination. While on my way out the tc started to make a loud clunk. I put it in 4hi and no clunk.
When I got out of the woods I put it in 2wd and all is fine. but I still have a clunk in 4lo. The clunk seems to be as frequent as the driveshaft is turning ( while coasting it is a very slow clunk and faster I go the faster the clunk), sounds like tank tracks.

I am guessing I chipped a tooth on the planetary? The planetary is fine on my old tc so I am thinking of swapping the planetary. But i would like to make sure before i pull my truck off the road for a few days.
thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks