• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch problem

Hooty481

how are your guys greaseing that shaft that goes across that engages and releases the clutch. i found the 2 fitting of what i would describe as bottle cap fitting. the grease was dried up and they were screwed all the way in. should this be the way to go back or should I install a couple grease alemites where these fittigns were jsut for the ease of getting grease in there. also does anyone ever drop the inspection plate and grease the collar that the TOB rides on. i found in the tm that there is a grease fitting there. mine did not have one but instead it had a allen screw in it place. i will have to see what the new one looks like when it gets here as to wether i will be able to grease it or not.

Hooty481

Transmission is back in and throw out bearing is completely disengaged when clutch is all the way up. I dont think it was out of adjustment i think the bearing was just wore out. The Clutch was like brand new i just think when the boys down at shelby rebuilt this one they put in a new clutch and pressure plate but left the old throw out bearing and pilot bearing. I havent driven the truck yet still have to put the center floor board back in and seats but this was a very simple job. I will sincerly apologize that i did not aquire any pictures. thanks to all the guys that put any input.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Call laycook products in Memphis. They are like 4 blocks from memphis equipment.They will rebuild your pressure plate, clutch disc (even tougher than what you have) and new throwout bearing for under $250.

901 523-1418 I am not sure if Jim still works there or not. he is one of the brothers but he was independent at one point. They are the best clutch builders I have ever used.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Pretty much. You also want to watch to make sure when you press it in, it does not pushe the PP fingers through/to the crank!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks