• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

clutch problems after attempted tow in 5 ton wrecker

drjconley

I would appreciate any help with a possible diagnosis on my m62a2. I tried to help pull out a stuck 10 wheel dump truck today. I had to be towed away from the still stuck dump truck with a clutch that does not return to its prior position. The clutch pedal now sits one to two inches from the floor with little to no resistance. I hope it is something easy, but my quess is that I will be cracking open a tranny and replacing a piece of medal put in the tranny seventy years ago.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

Thank You,

Jim

GHall

Possibly the pressure plate or throw out bearing? Mechanical clutch or hydraulic? Depending on that, it could be the linkage or slave cylinder.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you use the declutch lever at the rear?

Were you winching?

drjconley

Yes, I did use the declutch lever. If that is it I will feel like I won the lottery. I will post tomorrow what I found. Once, again thank you for your time and help.

Jim

drjconley

Thanks for the help. Yes, I forgot the rear clutch handle. I would like to claim rookie mistake, but I have had that truck for 6 years.

Thank You,

Jim

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks for the help. Yes, I forgot the rear clutch handle. I would like to claim rookie mistake, but I have had that truck for 6 years.

Thank You,
Jim
I do not believe that there is WRECKER owner that has NOT done the same thing, only after a bit of PANIC and a LOT inappropriate words do they REALIZE the problum