• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch repair limits

movcondude

Hi deuceomaniacs The deuces pressure plate/flywheel need to be resurfaced... Checking this forum and others and by searching in the TM´s havent brought me any further upon what the minimum limmits will be for the resurfacing in the machine shop... Anyone ??? Thanks !

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you are not going to take too much off the flywheel, any competent shop should be able to look at it and know. as for the pressure plate, new is $100 so just buy one.

welldigger

you are not going to take too much off the flywheel, any competent shop should be able to look at it and know. as for the pressure plate, new is $100 so just buy one.
Deuce pressure plates may be a little harder to come by in Denmark than here.

movcondude

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes they dont come easy here but still plenty in Europe though - Holland being where the major source is to be found. When inspecting the pressure plate I can´t find any markes that indicates the minimum thickness but have to admit that I havent dismantled it totaly - dont want to mess with all the springs and the problems they bring with them when assembling the unit. Will try to make the final dismantle of the clutch in the weekend and then time will show if it will be a repair or a new bought one that will be put on the deuce. Have a good one and thanks again !!!