• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coating Data plates

catskillpond

Renovating the inside of the cab got tired of running paint on dash.plus had to rewire underneath dash. Screws were rusted had to hit them with center punch and work them out with penetrating oil one came out with a screw driver. Cleaned up all the plates some our dull want to clear coat them to protect and make them more legible. What would be the best to bond to the aluminum plates and not peel.
Thanks Scott Also is any one that sells plates on the forum

Bhpdbrad

Renovating the inside of the cab got tired of running paint on dash.plus had to rewire underneath dash. Screws were rusted had to hit them with center punch and work them out with penetrating oil one came out with a screw driver. Cleaned up all the plates some our dull want to clear coat them to protect and make them more legible. What would be the best to bond to the aluminum plates and not peel.
Thanks Scott Also is any one that sells plates on the forum
Not sure what plate(s) you need but I've seen a ton of them for sale at "EasternSurplus"... Except they don't have THE ONE I NEED... A M925a2 With/Winch - (I know that's redundant - but that's how they're listed). The funny thing is, I have a 923 Data plate on my truck (a 925)... I guess the 18 year old whose job it is to put plates back on - after a rebuild - doesn't know the difference between the two models.

Bill W

My #1 choice would be Plastikote clear ( engine paint ) but its way to hard to find since they got bought out by Valspar,,,,My #2 choice is Valspar makes a clear coat both in high gloss and satin. I also used Rustoleum automotive clear on my sons wheels as a topcoat over 2 yrs ago and its been holding up great but have not tried it on bare metal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks