• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Code Enforcement Threat

andy3

That's a lot of trucks! In saying that if you need to store some I have a place outside Atlanta Ga. Love the collection!

M925

My wife collects shoes....you collect Military Vehicles. Wow...nice collection.

I try to get my wife to throw one pair of shoes away when she buys another pair.

You have your own motor pool!

kc5mzd

Any updates on your case????
We went court, they said the charges were vehicle storage on residential property. We went back to court for a hearing. My attorney said the law didn't apply because they were my vehicles at my house and the vehicles were all registered.
Then they said "ok my mistake the charges are not vehicle storage." Then they said "we don't know what the charges are but we are sure you are doing something...". Then they set a new court date so they could have time to figure out what they are charging me with.

Flyingvan911

That's crazy. They should have just been honest and said "we don't like you and we're going to get you." Keep plenty of documentation. They could be setting themselves up for an abuse-of-process and harassment lawsuit.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would go with the angle that they are not trucks being stored, they are portable garages. I see you have lots of things stored under them :)

andy3

Sounds like you are keeping them all current on the regs. I would make sure I moved and drove every one of them. Re-order them in the yard. They can't say it's just storage then.

K9Vic

They WANT your land PERIOD !!!
Texas cities are really good at taking peoples property with eminent domain over the last 20 years. They will find a way to take it if they cannot buy it and it is unfair.

Some of the known cities to find a way to take land for public entertainment buildings, either through condemning them or eminent domain of a property.
*Arlington - Ranger Ballpark & Cowboy (AT&T) stadium
*Forth Worth - Texas Motor Speedway (And "stole" land from city of Northlake)
*Hurst - North East Mall and apartment complex to build restaurants like In and Out.

Triple C

"we don't know what the charges are but we are sure you are doing something...". Then they set a new court date so they could have time to figure out what they are charging me with.
I am sure that is what they meant but I bet they made it sound WAY more official than that. This is an amazing abuse of power. Wish there was something we could do to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Another Ahab

Texas cities are really good at taking peoples property with eminent domain over the last 20 years. They will find a way to take it if they cannot buy it and it is unfair.

Some of the known cities to find a way to take land for public entertainment buildings, either through condemning them or eminent domain of a property.
*Arlington - Ranger Ballpark & Cowboy (AT&T) stadium
*Forth Worth - Texas Motor Speedway (And "stole" land from city of Northlake)
*Hurst - North East Mall and apartment complex to build restaurants like In and Out.
That surprises me , because I just always thought of Texas as a State where freedom of the individual would be stronger than most:

- You know "High Noon", the "Lone Ranger", John Wayne, and all.
- Silly of course to base an impression on the fantasy of film, but I did.

Guess I was wrong, though. Who knew?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks