• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Code name BART (Bad A** Recovery Truck)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The only problems are 1 -- the crane was a must and 2 -- did not have access to a heavy holmes bed, if I had, I would have moved the bed back and put the crane between the winches and the bed.

Another Ahab

Hoo-wee: 50 ton; that is a hoss of a wrecker.

Is that kind of the maximum for a wrecker (I mean, you know, outside of the mining industry or that kind of thing)?

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ron you are doing one great job on doing that truck up right. ms loucille is making sure you do it right and safely. big thumbs up

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just a quick update, I will get some pictures later, fuel can holders (acting as R side bed side boards) installed (ladder acts as the L. side side boards), rear work lights installed, 3,000 lb. winch plumbed, drain holes drilled. Need to pull the little winch (tomorrow), it has been seeping gear oil, I am guessing that the shaft seals are dry, when I moved things around a bit remounting it, the seals did not move with the shaft like new seals would. Once this minor issue is dealt with, a few other minor things, then the finial leak and function test/fixes, then to the car wash, then a good warm day to lay a base coat of 383.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hoo-wee: 50 ton; that is a hoss of a wrecker.

Is that kind of the maximum for a wrecker (I mean, you know, outside of the mining industry or that kid of thing)?
I know of one in here in town that is a 80 toner, it is not so much lifting 80t but being able to do heavy work further from the truck.

JohnnyBM931A2

Just a quick update, I will get some pictures later, fuel can holders (acting as R side bed side boards) installed (ladder acts as the L. side side boards), rear work lights installed, 3,000 lb. winch plumbed, drain holes drilled. Need to pull the little winch (tomorrow), it has been seeping gear oil, I am guessing that the shaft seals are dry, when I moved things around a bit remounting it, the seals did not move with the shaft like new seals would. Once this minor issue is dealt with, a few other minor things, then the finial leak and function test/fixes, then to the car wash, then a good warm day to lay a base coat of 383.
You're doing an awesome job sir.. Can't wait to see the final result :goodjob:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of one in here in town that is a 80 toner, it is not so much lifting 80t but being able to do heavy work further from the truck.
Obviously not Ron's neighbour - but they do exist. Can't imagine that any little mom n pop tow company can afford one though!!! I know of this one in NJ. Has a big decal on the boom that reads "80+ Tons". The owners father started the business with a couple of WWII ex Navy Air Corps - Sterling HCS330's.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks