• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold air intake ideas? HX40 turbo.

Barrman

It has to be from the side? GM has cutouts in the front valence for a cold air intake already. Actually they are there on both sides of the radiator.

Sticking with your cone filter, you could build a box around it with the opening at the valence. GM and Banks both had air intake "caps" that fit into the cut outs. Basically, flat steel top with open sides to keep direct snow/rain/gunk from coming in. Ford trucks of all sizes have run circle filters inside of a housing for the last 15 years or so. I am sure a junk yard housing can be had cheap and made to fit your filter pretty easily.

That help?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I recall, those factory inlets are way outside the radiator area, so there shouldn't be any interference unless you mount the charge air cooler partially in an air dead zone.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_0417.jpgI used all factory parts. The intake manifold and air filter are from a 93 6.2. The intake hose is from a 80's 350 small block. No more drone noise from the engine at speed. You can carry a conversation at 55MPH now. I got the parts from a junk yard. I have about $50 into it.

Attachments

Nope I went out and looked it over today as I plumbed in my fuel filter and did a bunch of wiring. I've filled that corner with the radiator over flow, a final fuel filter, a coolant bypass filter, and a transmission filter. I'll have to run it down low either up front or in front of the inner fender. I'm wondering if I should just put a scoop above the filter and a heat shield below it.

llong66

Hi, as Ken said, all factory parts, I had an '85 Silvarado gasser with that setup, the metal "core" was knocked out, a plastic, twist lock inset put in and a hose to the factory air cleaner. I know with what you have, that may not work, but if you move things around or anyone else wondered, its that easy!

Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks