• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold CUCV

jag7720

Is it the original heater core? If so, is it hot? If it is hot then check the flap door... the heater core is always on... there is no valve in this core. The door/vent regulates the temp.

If it is a new aluminum core that is a bit thinner... take it back and get a copper one. I went through this. That aluminum one is NOT the right part even though it fits.

dduncan

if you want you heater to work better.. there is some plumbing changes you can do like on the HMMWV system. plug the radiator where your heater hose comes out. on your water pump there is a pipe plug on the same side... remove it and install a 45 degree threaded hose fitting. then hook your heater hose there. it is more of a closed loop system
Why did they run the heater core line into the radiator to start with? Don't most vehicles have a closed loop to the motor for the heater core??

No wonder mine takes ten years to get up to 150 degrees when it is only 35 out!!! Its circulating new cold antifreeze in all the time!!

detroitmuscle1986

yeah the flap is working properly, and the heater core is heating up. It is an aluminum heatercore. It was on there when we baught the truck. Should we take it back and buy a copper one?

Zero_cool

i have the aluminum one in my m 1028 and i notice like what Jag was saying cold air comes in from the outside vents between your windshield and hood and mixes cold air with warm air, all i did was swirt a can of insolation into the outside vent to block off cold air and left my passanger side floor vent open as a cold air return.
It recycles cooler air from the floor of my truck and replaces it with nice hot air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks