• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold idle

Barrman

I have had broken fast idle solenoid operations before. It really doesn't matter much at start up until the outside temp is below 30° or so. The engine will chug, chug some if no throttle is applied. Of course, the colder the air, the worse it will run.

Normal summer operations without the fast idle solenoid are a non event.

That what you were looking to know?

southdave

I have had broken fast idle solenoid operations before. It really doesn't matter much at start up until the outside temp is below 30° or so. The engine will chug, chug some if no throttle is applied. Of course, the colder the air, the worse it will run.

Normal summer operations without the fast idle solenoid are a non event.

That what you were looking to know?
I am going to be Youngstown Ohio and Lansing Michigan thos winter thinking about daily driven it..Get away to cold up that way for me..I never paid any attention to the thing but you know.

Barrman

If yours is there, getting power but not working. Pull the rubber boot off. Look real close and you will probably find one of the hair thin leads from the plug broken. Very carefully solder it in place is my suggestion.

The cold advance solenoid and the fast idle solenoid really do help a lot in severe cold starting. Since they turn off at about 95°. They are a geat indicator of when you can turn the heater on too.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tim, Dave working with wires is like an elephant in a fine china shop, not so good.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks