• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold start up M35A2 Video

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have this strange feeling one would find a somewhat direct correlation between cylinder leak-down rate vs cold start-ability in a compression ignition engine.....
I would think there is too. There are other things I would go after before I rebuild an engine just because it does not like to start good in the cold. I haven't had 100% diesel in the tank in probably 4 years and my injectors were not in the best shape when I did have 100% diesel in the tank. So it does not have the cards stacked in its favor. Hopefully I can clean this other set of injectors and see how they work.

todds112

I'm anxious to see how mine does. Haven't started her in anything below 50 degrees so far. It's been near -20F the last few nights. We also just got about a foot of snow. Going to run her this weekend and see how she does. She starts immediately every time so far. No idea if the flame heater works or not.

rustystud

Next time you start up after a snow fall I would clean off the snow from your air intake first. You might want to install the 90 degree elbow so your intake is horizontal . Your rig sounds really good though ! Nice clean dash, no rust.

todds112

Great advice on the intake, hadn't occurred to me. I did another take today at 10-12 degrees. Still haven't tried the flame heater, didn't need it. It took a few more turns, but she started and ran great. Took her for a little spin and it dropped to 1F in about 45 minutes. It was "tolerable" in the cab, but my fingers and toes were glad to get home and come inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zkLex-sZYA&feature=player_embedded