• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold start

pappydodd

Thank you. I will try to locate the other threads. I have a small amount of diesel dripping from the front of the motor but haven't been able to find the source. I will dig into it tomorrow after work. Except for this issue, the truck has been great for the past three years--41,000 miles (but an undetermined number of hours) on the clock now.

Pappydodd..If your truck starts and then dies after 5 seconds, you have air being introduced into your fuel system somewhere. This is not a glow plug issue. There are probably hundreds of threads on this, its a common problem many have had. Most likely cause is the o-ring on the fuel pressure sensor that sits in the back of your fuel filter base. It could also be any of your rubber fuel lines.

LittleM1010; dont assume your glowplugs are good. Test them; pull the leads, attach test light to + terminal, touch each plug, if it lights its good. The 6.2 will start in cold weather with none of the extras you are contemplating installing. Requirements to start a 6.2.In order of probability:
1) Glow plug system operating correctly
2) Fuel supply in sufficient quantity/pressure and free of air
3) Adequate cranking speed
4) Proper compression

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks