• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold trip to get fisrt deuce!

appellandscaping

my dad and i went to get my firs deuce. the p side window broken out and snowing lightly. i love doing this kind of stuff with my dad. anyway it runs great but a few probs the front end shakes going down the road, what could it be?

Attachments

rivired

u should specify if it a speed related shake or occasional or random ect... to be better helped..but u should just do a good look over first...rim packed with mud...bent rim....cracked separated tire ect..

powerhouseduece

Is that you or your dad in the pic? If its you, then the appel dosent fall too far from the tree... Its a good looking truck! It might be as simple as a bad tire for the front shake but you'll have to jack the front end up and give it the good old shake test to check everything.

dburt

If your tire tread on the front tires is worn unevenly, it could be tire balance, bent rim or alignment. In cold weather the bias ply tires "take a set" and end up with one section flatter then the rest of the tire, (from where the bottom of the tire set on the ground) which leads to a very rough ride. I put radials on the front of my deuce to get rid of the shaking and bumpy ride, also it makes for easier steering too!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Nothing like a cold ride home in your first deuce,I bought a 5 ton about 6 years ago.I drove home about 70 miles in the snow with no top. I dont know if I would do that again.