• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cold weather start...no problem!

houdel

Well, one flat turn on the fuel adjustment nut (1/6th turn) improved my starting so much, I decided to crank in another one flat turn (two flats, or 1/6 turn total). Again, a huge difference! Now, with no hand throttle and my foot off the accelerator pedal, hit the starter button, and it fires right off. Runs at 500 rpm and a little rough for a second or two, then jumps up to 800 rpm and runs smooth and steady. I do notice a little smoke running up through the gears, hope I'm not hurting my MPG. But I PROMISE, no more fiddling with the fuel adjustment until I get a pyrometer installed. Don't want to melt my turbo!

Talked to the salesman late Friday, he has to contact the factory about 24V parts, but I expect to order a pyrometer and boost gauge on Monday and have them installed by the end of the week. Then I will have some data to work with before I make any more fuel delivery adjustments, although it HAS been fun so far!