• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cold weather start switch

shootiniron

The switch to operate the cold weather start aid on my M813A1 has me perplexed.Its not an on and off type of lever switch its like a stater lever switch.In order to turn the juice on to the igniter plug you have to turn it past the "on" position to the "start" position,like an ignition switch,and hold it there for the duration indicated on the data plate.Kinda unhandy while useing the primer pump and the engine start switch too.My question is,is this correct switch or should it be a regular on-off lever switch?Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be an on/off switch. Look up the NSN in the -20p.

98hd

Mine kinda works the same way. I can flick it to on and it doesn't do anything, but I can turn it past on and hold it and the light kicks on, and the glow plug does it's thing.

shootiniron

Not to much luck tracking one down,anybody have an extra on/off switch? Never mind.I switched the plugs around on the back and now its the way its supposwed to be!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks