• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coleman G40 F

Hi,
I hope I am posting this thread in the right place this time! I have a coleman G40-F aircraft tug (certainly 0ver 5 tons) and was wondering if anybody else out there has one or is familar with them. Mine came to me as a non-runner over a year ago and has been gradually coaxed into occasional life at not inconsiderable expense. It is of 1975 vintage and is believed to have come from RAF Lakenheath here in the UK. It has a dodge 318 engine and an allison auto transmission. I know of only one other in private ownership in the UK and have not been able to contact the owner of this one so if I need to know anything I have to find out myself! If anybody out there is in the know about these things stand up and be counted.

gixxxer

Hi posty

I know this thread is old but here I stand!
My mate has one that until a few weeks ago was running and pulling boats up the slip at his marina.
Was being the problem. The front diff has exploded and is totalled.
This is the reason I am posting as I am trying to find some spares, a long shot, but worth a try.
Ideally he needs just the inners but is good for any solution, axle or overseas shipping.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
gix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks