• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cololant Additive, Filter Typel, and Water Flow Question

Hi, I am replacing all the hoses and the thermostat on my NHC-250 this weekend. While I am at it I am going to add a spin on Baldwin base. I am using the Fleetguard ES Compleat Ethylene Gycol coolant Part Number CC2825 directly from Cummins that has the SCA Additive in it. It is a 50/50 premix.

I have a filter BW5137 that says "Balanced Treatment For Ethylene Glycol"

Is this filter compatible? I know it is slow release so I am wondering if I should use a standard non additive filter, and later as the levels start to drop switch to this filer.

In regards to the premix, since I am certain there will still be a few gallons lingering in the radiator or engine, should I put say two gallons of straight coolant in and then fill the rest with the premix?

And finally I have attached a picture of before I removed the hoses. I plan on using A and B (where the plugs are now) and put the filter in line with them. Do you know which is supply vs return?

Thanks!Feed and supply.jpg
Ray

lindsey97

I am interested in the correct routing of a coolant filter for the nhc250 as well. I do not believe the heater hoses are the best place. Would be nice to have a pressure(hot) hose for the inlet, and a (cool) suction hose for the exit. Maybe wil wagner will chime in on this thread.

74M35A2

It has to route from high pressure to low pressure in order to have flow. It ends up being routed parallel to the heater core. If you go in series with the heater core, it will drastically cut the coolant flow and you will have little or less heat. Some people run them in place of their heater core in the summer, and then swap during the winter.

I know I really didn't answer a single question you had, but this is a little of the principle behind their flow.

I will gather those other pictures tomorrow and post them. It has a new diesel power heater that was on it when I purchased. It needs to be plumbed to the diesel tank, and into the cab, but should then be ready to work.