• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Color Confusion/Identification

Flyboy207

Hello all, first thing you should know is that I am partially colorblind, especially toward green and brown. That said, I need help identifying these colors from my truck. I keep looking for a good color for my truck (going for Vietnam era, she's a 1966) but all I get is an OD Green that just looks brown to me. Here are some pictures of the wheels, door and frame of my truck, which all seem to be a lighter green. Three of the pictures were taken with an LED light so they are slightly bluish. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!IMG_1709.jpgIMG_1708.jpgIMG_1707.jpgIMG_1710.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vietnam era semi gloss Olive Drab is paint color # 24087.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last picture of the frame area is 383 CARC green. This color started to be used in the 80's.

Flyboy207

The 24087 OD Green is the one I thought was too brown. I might just end up painting it that, and just getting over it but would it be acceptable to paint it the 24052 USMC Forest Green? I'm struggling with the 1966- rebuilt in 1983 thing and what would be accurate vs good looking, and the 4 color camo seems like a LOT of work. Thanks again.

13B40

The specs changed sometime since Vietnam. The current 24087 is not the same as the Vietnam era 24087. The old 24087 was renamed 24084. Can anyone confirm this?

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks