• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

color of cucv dash and doors

goldneagle

What about using Krylon Fusion paint on the vinyl and then Rapco CARC Green on top. (blend it in with the rest of the door)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used the primer on a golfcart. Then I painted over that with Krylon OD.

It has worked very well.

Mg84648

SEM paints makes a dash spray paint.

http://www.semproducts.com/

Their burgundy is close to OEM CUCV color(not exact)
I can vouch for the SEM product. It worked very well on my dash cover and has held up well to the direct sunlight and doesnt scratch. My door panels are a different story. They scratch easily. Now in SEMs defense, I didn't use their plastic prep before shooting it. I just sanded the oxidation off as much as I could, primed and painted.
Does the plastic prep spray seal the surface that well? I'm not sure, maybe?

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

OK I am treading on risky ground. The SEM plastic colors work well when you spray them over a similar color. But over time they will wear thru when sprayed over dissimilar colored panels. I restored an M1028 for myself and purchased new GM door panels they were blue. That was the only color you could get. The padded arm rests were blue also. I applied the dye as directed and after about 3-4 years the grab point in the arm rest was showing blue and the area at the edge of the door below the arm rest wore thru slightly. That is my experience. And I am offering it as that only. I did not use the truck on a daily basis and never rode in it dirty or hauled tools. The dash pad it worked well but did start to scratch and chip where the cluster went in after I had to remove the cluster for repairs. So my experience was good but not excellent. I do not want to form a solid opinion just my experience. Nothing holds up like the correct colored plastic did. That color was thru and thru not a coating a few mils thick on the outer layer.

Csm Davis

Cucvrus everyone is entitled to their respective option, you are no different. I had some adjustments to make when I first came on board here and it has helped my writing skills.
Now as to the SEM products which one did y'all use and did anyone try the cross link it seems to me that might help on the door panel to keep the acids in your skin from causing problems.