• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Color of this M1008?

durney

I need to verify this color used on the M1008 in this picture. I originally thought it was 30051 brown carc but now I am second guessing that as it looks darker and a bit more " bronze". Of course colors are tough to tell on a screen but I think now it may be 24087 !?!? I want to duplicate that e actly sooo..... anyone have pics of complete 30051 vehicles?

Attachments

evldoer

Did you buy that truck? I was going to bid on it when it came up but it went way to high for my taste. I do like the color though

durney

I have a spare can of rapco 34052, I'm going to shoot it next to the rapco 30051 on the tailgate for comparison. I think the 34052 will look much too green compared to this truck but WILL be the correct "darkness". This pictured truck is definitely more brown than green.....compare it to the carc truck behind it.

How much did this go for.... and if anyone here got it how bout' some more pics!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't be dissapointed if the Aervoe doesn't match. Colors vary from computer to computer for sure but I'd not rule out 34052. It's used by the Navy and subsequently the Marines. Do you have the registration number of the truck or a pic of the data plate in the door? Good possibility it's a Navy truck.

Edit; Maybe it is a little darker or fresher paint. Here's a link to my old M887 and of you scroll down far enough, you will see it wearing 34052.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?1122-M887-goes-away-comes-back!&highlight=m887

Last edited:

evldoer

That truck was sold out of Ft Leonard Wood this summer and it went for over 3 grand without doors. It was a clean truck, but...... Shortly before that this truck was also sold from same base. While I Dont believe these 2 are the same color, it does seem like trucks coming out of that base are painted darker Here is a pic of the tag. My apologies for not helping you solve your dilemma.:-D

Attachments

durney

Thanks for the the input folks. Now I am leaning toward a FLAT version of 24087. If you look at for instance david allen racings site (click on daves toys at the bottom) you see that 24087 looks mostly brown with a tinge of green. BUT... if I look at 34087 its NOT just a flat 24087 its much more green.

Look at the color on the right its very close but some are saying thats 34087 or is it #9 od????