• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

color scheme

jfnemt1ff1

I know that over on the M715 zone that you can change the colors. I dont know how hard it is but maybe some from over there that is aslo here might be able to over some help.
John

LanceRobson

The colors are OK in a lighted room but with dim light or a dark room and my laptop they really strain the eyes. After just a few minutes I can literally feel the eyestrain.

Adjusting the screen brightness dosen't help.

mangus580

Sorry guys, this has already been discussed. These colors are whats available for now. You will have to deal with it until I can get the 'important' bugs worked out, and have the time to make a second color scheme.

mangus580

I should add... its about twice as much work to support a second color set. As alot of things have to be changed in duplicate then, when a change is made.

Hammer

I should add... its about twice as much work to support a second color set. As alot of things have to be changed in duplicate then, when a change is made.
That is an understatement. Especially when you put in your own custom code, and then later have to do updates to the VB program.
Btw, if/when you do it, make it a subset of the current scheme so that most changes will be automatically applied (except custom code of course).

I run the m715zone website, and we had this same issue. Technically there are three different color schemes, but I only support two of them.
And it's a royal PITA to do the upgrades later on with duplicate sets of custom code. Which I am sure there is plenty of on this site as well!