• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colorado HB20-1170 Military And Surplus Military Vehicles On Roadways

ramack

I'm starting a new thread for the Colorado HB20-1170 introduced January 2020, which is trying to undo what was done with SB19-054. SB19-054's SteelSoldiers thread is here:

Due to COVID-19, legislators have stopped meeting and sessions are now on hold. It's not known when it will resume.

###
In addition to SB20-1170, there are several other bills in process that are to address specific situational usage of MVs (farm, firefighting, etc). These other bills are listed below, however, this thread is primarily to address HB20-1170.

SB20-056
Surplus Military Vehicles Highway Use If Firefighting
Concerning surplus military vehicles, and, in connection therewith, exempting a surplus military vehicle from the statutory definition of an "off-highway vehicle" if the vehicle is owned or leased by a municipality, county, or fire protection district for the purpose of assisting firefighting efforts.

SB20-115
Register Surplus Military Vehicle As Farm Vehicle
Concerning the registration of surplus military vehicles as farm vehicles.

SB20-132
Surplus Military Vehicle Farm And Emergency Vehicle
Concerning the use of surplus military vehicles for specialized purposes under the "Uniform Motor Vehicle Law".
###

##################################################################################

HB20-1170 (THIS THREAD)
Military And Surplus Military Vehicles On Roadways
Concerning authorization to drive military vehicles on roadways
Bill Text
DateBill TypeDocuments
03/10/2020Reengrossed PDF

Bill History (current as of 2020 03 29)

DateLocationAction
03/12/2020SenateIntroduced In Senate - Assigned to Transportation & Energy
03/10/2020HouseHouse Third Reading Passed - No Amendments
03/09/2020HouseHouse Second Reading Passed with Amendments - Committee
03/04/2020HouseHouse Committee on Transportation & Local Government Refer Amended to House Committee of the Whole
02/11/2020HouseHouse Committee on Transportation & Local Government Witness Testimony and/or Committee Discussion Only
01/28/2020HouseIntroduced In House - Assigned to Transportation & Local Government

When I contacted Sen. Vickie Marble and Rep. S. Humphrey offices, I asked to have the 40 year moving window inserted back into the text. I also have asked to have the requirements of travel removed and insert text that would allow travel for any reason and be unrestricted just as any other motor vehicle.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks