• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbia, SC to Pennsylvania

MiltonFine

Well, it's time for my journey to begin. My wife and I leave today to pick up the truck in SC. Hopefully we will return on Sunday with the Deuce.

We have two options for the return route, one is I-81 and the other I-95. I am currently leaning towards I-95 because it is the flattest road despite the heavy traffic around DC. If there are any members along I-95 that might be available for emergency assistance, please PM me a phone number.

If anyone has any route suggestions, please feel free to let me know. :driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck!

krall

I just did that picking up my 915 and let me tell you GO 81!!!! if possible take 95 to 17 and come catch 81!!!! its not worth that traffic, I was in it for 3 HOURS no joke and luckly the truck was automatic, grinding gears in that traffic along with that wait would have been horrible,

let me expain, its not just the traffic that kills it its the construction for all the miles your eyes can see, the what was 4 lane high way now zig zags all back and forth of the highway, its not a smooth ride let me tell ya, now there are no hill/mnts yes but I will never go that way again, period.

just my 2cents
and if you make it up this way I don't have a tow bar as of yet but I got the 915 if you got some sort of tow bar we would be in business, 7174963084 let me know if you need anything.
krall

AMGeneral

I will be running down to Blythewood(just north of Columbia) and back home on Sat,but i'll be running up I-77 vs I-95.

Depends on your route taken home and departure time,I could stick with you for a section of your trip.

HeadWizard

Aubrey-
Good luck on the recovery and the trip home. Sorry it didn't work out with both our trucks, but the CTIS was being a problem keeping the tires up.

Let me know if you need any help in the DC area.
Don

MiltonFine

We need help. Were at the Pilot on I95 just north of (in) Florence. The batteries are giving me grief or there is a short. (717) 389-5992. Thanks!

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Anyone closer that can get out ? im 2 hrs 41 min away but I can go down with one of my trucks and give a tow up this way. Let me know. Jay

P.S. Left a voice mail on his phone-

Last edited:
He has a broken bolt on the lead from the positive on the rear battery to the negative on the front. When he went to start it he melted the positive terminal off. He is trying to find a new end and try one of the old batteries. I told him to let me know if he could not post up here.

Just spoke with Aubrey and he got a new end put on the lead. He put in the better of the old batteries which only has 11.7 volts. The new battery has 12.6 volts and the good news is when he tried to start it the terminal didnt melt but it sounds like it does not have enough amps to start it. He is reading 24.3 with everything off. When he turns the main on it drops to 23.7. I am thinking the old battery just does not have enough amps to turn it over. He is going to try and find another new battery at walmart as big as he can. Does it matter if it is not exactly the same cca?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks