• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus, Georgia Veterans Parade

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all, last year CAMO got help from all over the SE to drive MVs in the Veterans Parade here in Columbus, Georgia.
We have worked very hard to get this event to where it is...and it's the best in Georgia in my opinion.

I need help here...we have plenty of MVs if ya just wanna drive something, or you can bring your own if ya wanna.

If you wanna bring your own, I need to know by Friday, 19 Oct so I can include you and your vehicle under the CAMO permit.

So...who wants to help a 'po fat man and his crew honor those who served?

Attachments

zout

One deliberate BUMP

Ga folks - you should really see how HUGE this parade is - it is a tremendous gathering off dang near the whole Southern area of Ga that comes to this I bet.

Not only is the offer to drive one of CAMO's units in it - but a feast afterwards. If you leave that parade with a dry eye there is something entirely wrong with you. If you leave that parade with room on your camera for more pics - there is something wrong with you - it is that awesome.

PB - ole 43 will be making a showing this weekend with great thanks to the CAMO crew at the car show - then it heads back to Columbus for this parade - man - this is what I worked on it for - gives me the tingles thinking about it all.

Especially with the additional several items folks added to its display from the Ga Rally - she is looking sweet - and yes that is a prejudice comment.

Srjeeper

Sorry PB & fellow CAMO crewmembers, but the Yankee Divison's troop is booked that weekend up here.

I'm sure that'll break Baby Bears Heart that he'll need to find another driver. Brother Zout will need another standby tug driver too, but I know you'll have plenty step up.

The county seat up here is having it's first Veterans Day Parade in 14 Years, so ButterKup, Shadow & Me are darn sure gonna be in it. Then on Veterans Day the neighboring County will have theirs also and asked us to take part.

Can't pass up a chance to Honor our Nations Finest...so I respectfully request Permission from the Imperial First Sargent to miss the one down in their LZ to attend and represent the CAMO Crew, up here. :popcorn:

:whistle:

zout

You were a great aide in TUG driving last year and we make a dang good team right out of the box - that is SS teamwork fella.

But the apron strings are cut and she is on her own this year and purring like a kitten (oops - baby bear) been beating my brain (what is left of it) to figure out how to get Debs jeep down and give her the thrill of driving it with gun mounted like it should be.

We'll be thinkin of our far northern CAMO members for sure - you are not forgotten - just misplaced. rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorry PB & fellow CAMO crewmembers,but the Yankee Divison's troop is booked that weekend up here.

I'm sure that'll break Baby Bears Heart that he'll need to find another driver. Brother Zout will need another standby tug driver too, but I know you'll have plenty step up.

The county seat up here is having it's first Veterans Day Parade in 14 Years, so ButterKup, Shadow & Me are darn sure gonna be in it. Then on Veterans Day the neighboring County will have theirs also and asked us to take part.

Can't pass up a chance to Honor our Nations Finest...so I respectfully request Permission from the Imperial First Sargent to miss the one down in their LZ to attend and represent the CAMO Crew, up here. :popcorn:

:whistle:
Looks like you are making good things happen up there troop...outstanding!![thumbzup]

We'll carry you on the CAMO Duty Roster as "Authorized Absence".;-)

See...that's how stuff works...plant the seed...then make it grow!!:grd:

Of course you WILL need to wear an official CAMO T-shirt which I will send you if ya send me your size and address again...cause I lost it...

PLUS...you will need to post lots of pics so we will know you were actually performing "official duties" and not just half-stepping or sumpin!!:lol:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I will be there big man. If the invite is good to me.
I told you at the Rally you are welcome...and needed...and I don't like repeating myself...repeating myself.

If you ain't here at 08:00hrs 10 Nov ready to drive sumpin I will hunt you down and do really bad stuff to you.:lol:

(PS...bring 2 gallons of that "special fuel"...MB loved it)[thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You were a great aide in TUG driving last year and we make a dang good team right out of the box - that is SS teamwork fella.

But the apron strings are cut and she is on her own this year and purring like a kitten (oops - baby bear) been beating my brain (what is left of it) to figure out how to get Debs jeep down and give her the thrill of driving it with gun mounted like it should be.

We'll be thinkin of our far northern CAMO members for sure - you are not forgotten - just misplaced. rofl
How bout we just put Deb's jeep on the landoll Saturday, head South and get it back north when we bring the M43 home?

zout

1st Sgt. Spoke with Deb on the offer - she wants to make the run to the car show tomorrow with it to build her confidence level - I - after being married to her for 34 yrs will just have to agree with it - cause that is what I have learned to do.

I told her I would always agree with her - if she would not pee in the shower on me. (that one is to make TWM laugh).

We should have a nod if its then loadable (I am sure we can discuss with her in the NEED to have it at CAMO for the Veterans Day Parade) and to be able to correct any issue that might arise (except driver error) to make her confident.

I am going to mount the little Liquid Image Sports video camera I got at Durhamtown on the jeep - take a video of her driving it up there - so if there is an issue we can see it and also hear it.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
1st Sgt. Spoke with Deb on the offer - she wants to make the run to the car show tomorrow with it to build her confidence level - I - after being married to her for 34 yrs will just have to agree with it - cause that is what I have learned to do.

I told her I would always agree with her - if she would not pee in the shower on me. (that one is to make TWM laugh).

We should have a nod if its then loadable (I am sure we can discuss with her in the NEED to have it at CAMO for the Veterans Day Parade) and to be able to correct any issue that might arise (except driver error) to make her confident.

I am going to mount the little Liquid Image Sports video camera I got at Durhamtown on the jeep - take a video of her driving it up there - so if there is an issue we can see it and also hear it.
From Deb's description of the symptoms I can only guess the jeep is either flooding out or the coil is getting hot.:carnac:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Update:

After talking to folks at the GA Rally, I THINK the following are the folks who have committed to help drive in the Veterans Parade on 10 November.

Remember...you MUST be at the Compound...318 10th Avenue Columbus, Georgia 31901 no later than 07:00hrs on the 10th!

If i've forgotten anyone please speak up and if anyone is listed and can't make it...do the same.

BTW...we still have a couple of vehicles w/o drivers:shock:

Looks like the total vehicle count from just the CAMO compound is 20 and I won't be able to add anymore cause the list is turned in.:beer::beer::beer:
Here's the list:

Atomic
EMD
Ferro
Craig
Sandcobra
MDmorgan and Wife
Walkerhunter
Zout and Zout 2

Remember please...if I forgot you or if I misunderstood and you can't make it, let me know ASAP!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks