• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus, OH GL questions

jleasure

Just curious here. Wright Patterson and Columbus, OH seem to be the closest places to me with trucks for sale on a semi-regular basis. I always hear good things about WP, but have neither heard, nor read, anything about the Columbus site, either good or bad.

A few questions, does anybody have any personal information about these issues?

Are vehicle fluids routinely drained?
Any theft issues in the past?
Any experiences with grossly inaccurate listings?
Good or bad experience with the staff?

If you have any other site-specific information that you would like to share, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks!

monkeythumbs

Honestly, your best bet is bid on Trucks in MD or PA.
Just joking, trying to keep the prices down for myself. I've mostly picked up at Wright Patt, going in the morning actually.
Wright Patt= is an easy location to pick up from, not base security to deal with. Andrew is helpful and knowledgable about the inventory, he does if I rember correctly , help at other GL locationds too.
Columbus=I've been there once to help a member retrieve a truck. I personally didn't care for the hassle of the security check point. I think there's like 3 locations for Columbus auctions,BTW.
I've picked up vechicles from a few different bases or helped with recovery on them. I personally prefer Wright Patt, because of how close it is, and the fact of it not being on an actual military base. Of course Wright Patt and Columbus get/have fewer vehicles so the auctions tend to run higher that larger GL locations. You'd have to consider everything when bidding....a cheaper price at the auction at a distant location will probally all be equal when you factor in recovery costs.

Theft, not heard of anything happening at either location
Fluids drained, not in the trucks I've bought from WP
Auction Listings, they keep them vague on purpose, expect the worst and hope

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They do not get drained at the GL site. That being said, I recovered a 109 that WAS in fact drained. I have recovered a bunch from there and that was the only one in a few years I've run across.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've recovered at W-P and all the Columbus locations. Never had any problems at any location and I don't mind that the security at some locations is properly done.