• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Combat Operations Center Trailer Technical Manuals

BadRobot

I just won a 2006 Schutt Power Distribution Trailer as see in pictures. The only info I have is "Combat Operations Center". Does anyone know where to get any technical manuals? I google base on info on the plate with no luck. Thank you for any assistants you can provide.

Attachments

BadRobot

I just won a 2006 Schutt Power Distribution Trailer as see in pictures. The only info I have is "Combat Operations Center". Does anyone know where to get any technical manuals? I google base on info on the plate with no luck. Thank you for any assistants you can provide.
The first time I though I just need the skeleton and cover and sell this 2006 M1102 since I have a couple of 2012 M1101/M1102. The skeleton seems to be more rigid than regular soft top. If it is missing a couple parts and I can find parts, I will definitely restore it but I will need to move it to 2012 M1102. How many components are missing? I don't know yet until I pick it up. Based on pictures, it is almost complete but I just need to know how to connect to my MEP-802A/MEP-804A?

I picked up a 2010 M1102 last month. It is brand new based on tires and COC brackets. The listing did not include the COC cover but when I picked it up, someone put it in the M1102 bed. I think it was in the process of install COC but the project was abandoned.

612461_6362_10560_0001.jpg612461_6382_0_0004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll poke around my systems the next few days. I might be able to find something... but it's also a total crap shoot.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok...

I found it.

It's USMC Equipment. I can't get a TM for it.

THE COMBAT OPERATIONS CENTER (COC) IS ASET OF EQUIPMENT DESIGNED TO PROVIDE COMMAND AND CONTROL (C2) OPERATIONAL FACILITIES FOR THE COMMANDER AND STAFF OF MARINE AIR GROUND TASK FORCE (MAGTF). THE COC IS A COMPONENT OF THE UNIT OPERATIONS CENTER (UOC).
NSN: 5895-01-520-4360 / 5895-01-520-4341

The two NSN's relate to SET IV, and III respectively. Looks like they were produced by General Dynamics Mission Systems out of Scottsdale AZ. I'm going to guess that this was a system that was purchased by the USMC as a test/eval or possible for integration as permanent piece of equipment, but it was not chosen to become a program of record.

A key search component may be AN/TSQ-239(V)3.

New value of the systems were ~$1.3M and ~$1.8M Set IV/III respectively.

BadRobot

Thank you very much, bikeman. It is a good starting point for me.

WOW, "the new value of the systems were ~1.3M and ~1.8M Set IV/III respectively." I have to work 3 life times to effort it. I am grateful that I can get it for $1,200. It might miss UPS which is not a big deal. I can bypass it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Guyfang

Staff member
$1,372,700.00 was the price for it several years ago.

THE COMBAT OPERATIONS CENTER (COC) IS A SET OF EQUIPMENT DESIGNED TO PROVIDE COMMAND AND CONTROL (C2) OPERATIONAL FACILITIES FOR THE COMMANDER AND STAFF OF MARINE AIR GROUND TASK FORCE (MAGTF). THE COC IS A COMPONENT OF THE UNIT OPERATIONS CENTER (UOC). THE COC EQUIPMENT SETS PROVIDE CENTRALIZED OPERATIONS TO COLLECT, PROCESS, AND DISSEMINATE TACTICAL DATA FOR THE COMMANDER AND STAFF OF CE'S, GCE'S, CSSE'S, AND ACE'S.

Take some more pictures. This thing looks interesting!

NV555

I bought one last week well several weeks ago from g P at Camp Pendleton it looks really good mine had mostly everything still installed with it except for the electronic equipment mine was in really good shape it doesn't look like it had been used at all mine still has the inverter from 24 volts to 120 and 220 I probably will take most of the internal frame apart but leave the inverter part set up so I can take a Slave cable from my home be to that panel and use it for 120 I will take some pictures of most likely this afternoon and send them over anyway I paid a little bit more than what I wanted to for a one 1102 trailer however it seems like it had a lot of cool stuff in the internal frame seems a lot better than just the average one 1102 trailer

Poccur

I have seen these in the field...the project office was in Stafford VA...I saw them at an EXFOB event back in 2010..trailer used to go inside an HDT tent...

If you look at the pic in this link, and zoom it up a little, there is your trailer at the end of the tent...
Cheers
Poccur

Edited to put in new link, they move the site around and link was broken..

Last edited:

Jstromsoe

This is My 2004 M1101 Trailer and I’m looking to purchase a new cover for it however I cannot find a NSN # or the manufacturer for it. I called many manufacturers already with no real solid leads. Any information would help thanks!

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Now I have put any number of bows and tarps on the M1101 trailer. So, even though I am not a "wheels guy", I feel like I do know something about the M1101. The pictures you posted show me on the inside anyway, something I have never seen. The "bows" and no longer bows. And the tarp is not one I have put on. So, its probably new, and not in my TM 9-2330-392-14&P. The TM for the M1101. The pictures you posted show two data plates, but do not show a NSN, nor the Operators TM on it, like most all trailers have. I can only assume the data plate I am speaking of, is missing? Or maybe this trailer never got issued a NSN, due to the fact that it was not widely issued. There should also be another data plate in the frame, normally on the front right side, just before the bed. Can you look again? Also, your displayed data plates, do not give a model number. You may be assuming that its a M1101, just because the bed looks like one. That may not be the case. The data plates state to "Look at the tech manual, for the CAPSET configuration. So there is books for it. Or should be.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, that data plate you just posted, is for the trailer chassis.
1602964249496.png

1602964282831.png

1602964443617.png

The two data Plates above are for the M1101. The picture below them is the location. The data plates you posted are indeed for the cage and tarp. But if you can not find the two depicted above, then The trailer may have been given another Model #.

As far as I can see in the internet, the Marines were the user for this thing. Maybe they do it differently then the Army. When the Army would make something like this, there would be a chassis data plate. A body data plate and a PU or PP, (power unit or Power Plant) data plate. Your posted data plates would indicate there is some form of "tech manual". Have you called or wrote GD, (General Dynamics) C4 division yet? Its their baby. Maybe some friendly public relations Wiesel will help you.

Jstromsoe

I’ll look for anymore data plates and post more pictures if I can find them. General Dynamics is my next contact but they are harder to get ahold of. Iv called everyone else I can find. Everyone I have contacted so far doesn’t know anything about this specific cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks