• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

combo 10 ton/ m62

hpgtowing

The M-62's were manufactured by Garwood.. Single pistons on the boom... The M-816's are manufactured by Austin Western and are the updated models.. daul boom lift pistons, They are perfered over the M-62's... Hope this helps.. take care... Steve

Cdub

hpgtowing said:
The M-62's were manufactured by Garwood.. Single pistons on the boom... The M-816's are manufactured by Austin Western and are the updated models.. daul boom lift pistons, They are perfered over the M-62's... Hope this helps.. take care... Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Steel Soldiers......... :D

as a local and being in the towing business myself some time back, I always enjoy seeing your equipment on the road.

seya,

C'dub

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
hpgtowing,
steve you have it backwards, the m108, m60, m62, m246, and the m819 were austin wresten, the m543, m816, and the m936 are garwood.

hpgtowing

Hello All Thanks for the welcome... This is a very informative and enjoyable site... Ron You might be right? Cause now I'm confused also... I have owned both.. I thought the M816's were the Austins... I am more than likely mixing them up? ... Yeah I think it will run at least 45 MPH.. Possibly a bit less? but I would say close... The chassis is a 1957 Mack M-125 10 Ton chassis with a Le Roie V-8 Gasoline engine... It runs great..uses no oil and sounds excellent with not a speck of smoke ever... In all the times I drove it around I never did think to look at the speedo?If I recall it has an 10: something ratio rears... Tires are 1400 x 24's ... I have to make a conctious effort to check that? We use the truck for vehicles that stuck off road, or in situations when we need to put a wrecker down an embakment or in soft muddy areas and or in deep snow areas... We use it on truck turnovers for lifting and winching.. When we get trailers loaded with rolls of steel or paper we lift and load them with it... We have used it to lift and load steel rolls in excess of 8,500 Lbs. It does it effortlessly.. We have used it to load wrecked tractors onto lowboys or flatbed trailers.... Lifting cars over gard rails.. they have many, many uses in the towing & recovery business.. We have lifted cars off car carriers that have slipped off the ramps.. Lifted street light poles off trailers that have hit them and dragged them along.. we have used it to load machinery for customers and on and on... i recently used it to unload steel beams off a trailer that was delivering them to a contruction site and then got the job to lift and hang them for the first level construction... I am asking $20,000 for it... I have seen these people asking in excess of $50,000. for trucks like this on the 5 ton chassis and this one being a 10 ton chassis it is a bit longer.. Much heavier.. and also has a much wider foot print thus allowing it to do even more than it's original counter part... Thanks.. Be safe and stay well... Steve

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks