• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming deuce recovery

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am headed to Redstone, AL. for a recovery of 3 trucks and 3 trailers. I am a little concerned that if one of the trucks should need to be towed, I will have no means to do so. I am trying to think of a way to get the trailers loaded into the beds of the trucks for the 500 miles drive back to central IL. It does not seem that any of the local wrecker services are interest in helping either. Is anyone picking up a wrecker on the 28th of this month?

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome and would be appreaciated.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just have one of the "ace" forklift operators set the trailers in the bed of the deuces. That's how I hauled all mine. Fork it from the hitch end of the trailer; the pintle ring catches the crossmember of the forklift rack, and the forks catch the front of the box. That way you can set it in the bed from the rear. Works like a charm.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, except the last 2 times I was at Redstone their big forklift was down.:roll:

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have already asked them and I was told that they will not be able to load the trailers. Also, in the event one of the trucks needs to be towed, do I need to pull all the drive shafts on the truck being towed?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
500 miles??? Do yourself a favor. Have the trucks hauled out. PCTRANS does great work from what I've heard and his rates are very competitive. There is no reason to take any risks. What will you do for insurance and tags? Insurance and tags usually require that you know the VIN #s. Perhaps, you got them off of the auction listing. If you do have these, take your chances and drive them out. However, if you have a break down or get into an accident, you will wish you would have paid the extra money to get them hauled. Trucking is expensive...there is no doubt about that. Had you planned on shipping the trucks, you could have bid on only two trucks and gotten them on one load. However, the baby is already here so there is no sense in discussing condom use. Whatever you decide, good luck. There is no need to pull the driveshafts.

Green_gator

If one of the trucks breaks down I would ditch a trailer for a day or two and tow the truck home then go back for the trailer. Glad to see that GL is being helpful.:roll:

jrou111

Wish I could help :| My goal though is to own a wrecker by the end of the year :cool:

You may have to go the 'ditch, ramps, and come-a-long' route to get the trailers in the bed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Once you get there you will find Teresa and her crew to be a lot more helpful in person than over the phone.
PM me when your EUC clears and I may can meet you up there and help you out.
I am up there quite a bit.

There's more than one way to skin a cat there just ain't no way to make him like it. :-D