• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coming down the home stretch (MM)

TAKPAK

It's been almost two years, but I'm beginning to see the end of the project. My MM rebuild has been challenging, to say the least. Had I known what I was getting into, I probably would have thought twice. BUT, it is really unique and intriguing, and I'm not sorry I did it. The engine is nearly complete (that was the hardest and most expensive part of the job), the running gear is mostly done, now to get the body put back together and painted. Give me another two or three months and it should be close to done. It will go well with the 1942 Navy GPW I picked up last spring. One thing I will have to say, I could not have done this project without the help of two great fellows, Robert Walsh and Paul Sanders. Robert has a neat site about MM's at www.m422a1.com and Paul has a good one over on the "G" at https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=312686 If it hadn't been for those two guys, I'd probably still be trying to figure out what to do. Would I do it again........probably not (after all, I'm 70 years young now) but I'm glad I took the challenge and got an MM for "show and tell" at events. I'm already geting a lot of queries about it!!! I was told by one guy that he looked at doing an MM project, but heard it was really difficult and parts were impossible to get. No, it's not difficult if you have mechanical skills (or friends with them) and if you know guys like I've mentioned, then (for now) parts are actually still fairly readily available. So, if you are looking at an MM project, go for it. Yeah, it won't be easy, but the rewards will be worth it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks