• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Comm shelving in 1008

BobM

I have what I guess is comm shelving in the back of my 1008. It has a power cord running up front and shelves in the back. I'll take pics later when my camera batteries recharge. Since I am going to use my 1008 as a pickup I will be removing this rack and the power cord. What should i do with 'em once I get them out? :?:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in a radio rack of a certain type - post pics of it and if it is for a GRC-206 radio set, I'll pick that up from you. If it's for the VRC-12 (most CUCVs had the VRC-12 set installed in them), I wouldn't be interested, but perhaps someone else here is.

BobM

Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

maddawg308 said:
I am interested in a radio rack of a certain type - post pics of it and if it is for a GRC-206 radio set, I'll pick that up from you. If it's for the VRC-12 (most CUCVs had the VRC-12 set installed in them), I wouldn't be interested, but perhaps someone else here is.
Here's a couple of quick shots. As you can see, it is still in the truck.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

Yup, standard VRC-12 series radio rack. Was used for other radio types as well, it's pretty common. There might be someone in here who is interested in that rack/power supply if the price is right.

aboonski

RE: Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

I would be interested in seeing one of these racks with the radio equipment that was used when this truck was on active duty! I am also somewhat interested in the rack because I have two M1008A1 trucks with everything but the rack and power cord. I live so far away though!

BobM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Comm shelving in 1008

aboonski said:
I would be interested in seeing one of these racks with the radio equipment that was used when this truck was on active duty! I am also somewhat interested in the rack because I have two M1008A1 trucks with everything but the rack and power cord. I live so far away though!
Well if I still have it on our next trip down to Fla maybe I could bring it to you. We would have been down there this next week but we used those vacation days going after the M1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks